Just a recap on the Japan Disaster Relief Benefit held on Saturday, April 2, 2011, at The Bull & Bear Tavern and Eatery from 3pm to 8pm. We had over 50 people attend – which was a great turnout considering the short notice and competing weekend events.
In the end, we received over $1900 in donations!!! All of which will go to the Japanese Red Cross.
We would like to thank all JETAA members, family and friends, for coming out to support this cause. This event could not have been possible without your help. Special thanks go to (in no specific order):
- Alex Maciulaitis and the Houston Consulate-General of Japan for their continuous support
- Chad Gaulding of Kwik Kopy for making an awesome banner
- Dan Robicheaux and Maria Trujillo for their help – especially for securing the venue
- Kelly, our server at The Bull & Bear, for her hard work and for her input
- Those who contributed to the raffle – Chika Honda, Nick Cristinziani, and Dusty (no last name required – see Beyonce, Bono, Eminem, Shakira…)
Lastly, we would like to extend a very special thanks to Tommy and Kim O’Reilly, owners of The Bull & Bear, for providing not only the perfect venue, but the pizza, wings, jello shots, non-alcoholic beverages, an all-access pass to the jukebox, and two gift cards for use as raffle prizes. We encourage everyone to visit The Bull & Bear. It’s a great place.