The Embassy of Japan in Washington, D.C. is looking for a political researcher. More information here.
Embassy of Japan, Washington, DC
The Embassy of Japan is seeking an individual for the position of Political Researcher. The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Salary is commensurate with experience month.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Giving a daily briefing to diplomats on key US politics developments reported by major newspapers.
- Researching US political trends in general and specific events and developments of significance.
- Assisting diplomats in meeting with individuals such as Congressional staff and political consultants.
- Other responsibilities as needed and appropriate.
- Language Skills
Fluent English and Japanese. Ability to write a formal letter and other official documents in good English and Japanese.
- Ability to use a computer and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Office experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or equivalent experience.
How to apply
Please send your resume with cover letter no later than June 15, 2011.
Attn: Political Section
Embassy of Japan
2520 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008
* Inquiries will not be answered by phone or in person. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.