- *Kanchoh: El Presidente, the big cheese, or in reality the little pokey stick charged with motivating and growing our community, keeping us involved with the various Japan related groups throughout the district and the world (seriously, whole globe), interact with CLAIR and the Consulate, give speeches, bear the burden of Japanese expectation weighing heavily on you…all the cool stuff! Involves attending quite a few formal events and making small talk.
- Vice President: Stands in for the president when things get rough or it’s helpful. Takes over direction of specific events as necessary, helps spread the word about JETAA, engages with CLAIR or the Consulate as needed, helps with local activities.
- *Treasurer: Keeping track of the money, receipts, funds from CLAIR and other sources, informing other officers how to go about this, keeping good records in case we’re ever audited, etc.
- Secretary: Records and arranges minutes from meetings, reminds people of plans and schedules to keep forward progress going, drafts official communications as necessary, enjoys organized organizations. We really need someone for this!
- Press Officer: A new role! In charge of the quarterly/bi-monthly newsletter (gathering information on happenings among JETAA and the Japanese communities regionwide), keeping our Twitter, Facebook, and Website feeds active, interfacing with people in similar roles for other chapters, CLAIR and the Consulate. This person loves hitting the share button! We really need someone for this!
- *Webmaster: In charge of technical updates to the website, changes to thematics, plugins, etc.
- Regional Officer (multiple positions): Low key role in charge of letting other local JETAA know about local events and telling the wider TEXOMA group about local events, organizing (in the loosest way) enkais, picnics, trivia, and other events that suit your fancy. Taking pictures at events to share with the TEXOMA group and other chapters. Being a contact for newly returning JETAA to welcome them back home!
- NORTH TEXAS (DFW area)
- SOUTH TEXAS (Houston and surrounding areas reaching as far as Brownsville if necessary)
- SAN ANTONIO/WEST TEXAS (San Antonio/San Marcos and surrounding areas, reaching as far as El Paso if necessary)
- AUSTIN (AUSTIN Greater Metro and Hill Country)
Well, it’s been a while since we’ve been active on the web page, and it’s time to change that! With new integration tools at our disposal we’re in a better position to link things between here, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as have a unified calendar. We want to make sure everyone is on the same page as far as events and activities go! ワクワク！Expect an update on elections later today!