TEXOMA JETAA! It’s been a long time coming, and we’re a TAD behind schedule, but too many shinnenkais, technical errors, etc. It’s time for the ACTUAL elections! We’re expanding the scope of roles for the board this time, hopefully to better serve our wide-spread locales and give new JETAA better contacts. Roles with current participants have stars next to them. That doesn’t mean they aren’t available! Some people would love for some new fresh face to take over! Of course every position is open and if you’d like to nominate someone, just poke them into sending us a platform! We’ll have a two week open period for people to submit platforms for the roles they wish to apply for. People can apply for multiple roles, but we’re probably better off if it’s no more than two, since it can get difficult juggling hats (particularly of the cowboy variety). Below is a list of available positions and what that role encompasses:
- *Kanchoh: El Presidente, the big cheese, or in reality the little pokey stick charged with motivating and growing our community, keeping us involved with the various Japan related groups throughout the district and the world (seriously, whole globe), interact with CLAIR and the Consulate, give speeches, bear the burden of Japanese expectation weighing heavily on you…all the cool stuff! Involves attending quite a few formal events and making small talk.
- Vice President: Stands in for the president when things get rough or it’s helpful. Takes over direction of specific events as necessary, helps spread the word about JETAA, engages with CLAIR or the Consulate as needed, helps with local activities.
- *Treasurer: Keeping track of the money, receipts, funds from CLAIR and other sources, informing other officers how to go about this, keeping good records in case we’re ever audited, etc.
- Secretary: Records and arranges minutes from meetings, reminds people of plans and schedules to keep forward progress going, drafts official communications as necessary, enjoys organized organizations. We really need someone for this!
- Press Officer: A new role! In charge of the quarterly/bi-monthly newsletter (gathering information on happenings among JETAA and the Japanese communities regionwide), keeping our Twitter, Facebook, and Website feeds active, interfacing with people in similar roles for other chapters, CLAIR and the Consulate. This person loves hitting the share button! We really need someone for this!
- *Webmaster: In charge of technical updates to the website, changes to thematics, plugins, etc.
- Regional Officer (multiple positions): Low key role in charge of letting other local JETAA know about local events and telling the wider TEXOMA group about local events, organizing (in the loosest way) enkais, picnics, trivia, and other events that suit your fancy. Taking pictures at events to share with the TEXOMA group and other chapters. Being a contact for newly returning JETAA to welcome them back home!
- NORTH TEXAS (DFW area)
- SOUTH TEXAS (Houston and surrounding areas reaching as far as Brownsville if necessary)
- SAN ANTONIO/WEST TEXAS (San Antonio/San Marcos and surrounding areas, reaching as far as El Paso if necessary)
- AUSTIN (AUSTIN Greater Metro and Hill Country)
Please submit a platform of a paragraph or two outlining what you’d like to do in your role and why you’d be a good fit to: texomajetaa (at) gmail dot com by MARCH 8th. No position is high stress, all get better with enthusiasm! Location is NOT important, we conduct officer business on Skype or other online services, so it’s easy to keep people on the same page. Certainly for regional officers it’s better if you’re in that area! If you have any questions, let us know on Facebook or at the address above!
Current Kanchoh Tim